|Study location||Hungary, Budapest|
|Type||Master, partial/exchange studies|
|Nominal duration||1-2 semesters (30 ECTS)|
|Course code||Natural Science|
Bachelor diploma (or higher)
- BSc diploma in Physics or any fields of engineering; – min. 25 ECTS credits in Physics and 15 ECTS credits in Mathematics obtained – BSc transcript – successful admission test – language skills proven by TOEFL (min 500 points), IELTS (min 5.0 points) or equivalent certificates (for further information refer to www.bme.hu)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Hungarian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The four-semester MSc in Physics program provides comprehensive knowledge, built upon strong theoretical and experimental bases on a broad area of physics, supported by the facilities and scientific-tutorial background of the Institute of Physics and the Institute of Nuclear Techniques. Students can select various courses related to solid state physics, quantum physics and informatics, nanotechnology and materials science, optics and photonics, nuclear physics, as well as to medical physics.
The following specialisations are available:
– Nanotechnology and Materials Science: Fundamentals of nanoscience, materials science and nanotechnology; advanced nanofabrication techniques; cutting edge measurement methods from atomic resolution scanning probe microscopy to optical spectroscopy and magnetic resonance techniques; advanced semiconductor devices; nanophysics and quantum transport. The lectures are supplemented by advanced laboratory exercises and independent research.
– Optics and Photonics: lectures and advanced laboratory courses on: physical optics, laser physics, physics of semiconductors, photonic devices, light sources, optical materials and technology, optical measurement techniques, spectroscopy, quantum optics, optical signal processing and data storage, optical design and modelling, 3 semester long tutored research project in academic or industrial environment.
– Research Physicist: advanced courses on modern theoretical and experimental physics. Theoretical courses include condensed matter, quantum theory and relativity, particle physics and quantum field theory, classical and quantum statistical physics. Experimental courses are supported by practice in well-equipped and up-to-date laboratories which are pursuing frontier research.
– Nuclear Technology: nuclear physics fundamentals, nuclear measurement techniques, reactor physics, thermalhydraulics, operation of nuclear power plants, health physics and radiation protection, magnetic confined fusion physics and technology, medical applications, laboratory exercises in the Training Reactor of BME. Minimum and maximum number on the specialisation: min 10 – max 20
– BSc diploma in Physics or any fields of engineering; – min. 25 ECTS credits in Physics and 15 ECTS credits in Mathematics obtained – BSc transcript – successful admission test – language skills proven by TOEFL (min 500 points), IELTS (min 5.0 points) or equivalent certificates (for further information refer to www.bme.hu)
Type of entrance exam:
written and oral
Entrance exam location:
Entrance exam description:
Admission procedure in general and general requirements: refer to admission regulations at www.bme.hu Minimum criteria: diploma of BSc in corresponding field, successful admission test.
Steps: – preevaluation of the submitted documents: quality of BSc diploma, quality of BSc transcript, obtained credits in Mathematics (min 15 credits) and Physics (min 25 credits), additional evaluated aspects: quality of motivation letter, recommendation letter (if available) – electronic e-admission test (via internet): Physics; electronic admission interview (given that written test is successful): technical knowledge, evaluation of language skills (the test is in English), motivation, attitude, technical preparedness in the selected field; Result: admission to MSc programme (min 70% admission result needed) /admission rejected
A nyelvi előkészítőt tartó intézmény záróvizsgáját az intézmény figyelembe veszi a felvételinél? Felvétel a BBI záróvizsgája és az intézményi felvételi alapján lehetséges.
Dr. Máté Vigh
Dr. László Gergely Vigh
Directorate for Education
Preparatory year available:
Specialisation year available:
Minimum number of scholarship holders:
Maximum number of scholarship holders: